Robert Burns would find his room most accommodating. This corner suite has the largest bathroom in The Spencer. The subdued colors of the Burn’s suite make for a pleasant stay.
Scotland’s greatest poet, Robert Burns, wrote in Scots, the English dialect of the country he loved so deeply. His songs and poems are emotionally intense and realistic, and they show a remarkable command of poetic form, especially for one with so little formal education. Burns’ work still arouses strong patriotic feeling in the Scottish people, and his humanity embraces the world. Burns proved to be a gifted and prolific songwriter, both in writing new lyrics and in rewriting old lyrics for old Scottish tunes. He also contributed songs to ‘A Select Collection of Original Scottish Airs for the Voice’. Other songs include ‘Auld Lang Syne’. He is renowned for the variety, satire, and wit in verses such as ‘To a Mountain Daisy’, ‘Address to the Unco Guid’, ‘A Bard’s Epitaph’, ‘My Heart’s in the Highlands’, and ‘Tam o’ Shanter’.
- Double bed
- Kitchenette with a microwave, sink, and a mini fridge
- Private bathroom with a large shower
- Original sink and faucets
- Monogrammed bathrobes
- Warm bathrobes available upon request
- Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet throughout room and common areas
- Flat Screen TV
- CD Player
- Ice bucket with 2 wine glasses
- Corkscrew opener
- Iron and ironing board
- Wake-up service
- Daily housekeeping service (Year-Round)
- 24-hour access to complimentary drinks- hot chocolate, hot tea, and coffee
- Access to our public library for our guests only. Check out each book is necessary at front desk
- Located on the 4th floor
- Free off-street parking (Sept. 1st- June 20th)
The Spencer Hotel & Spa is the #1 rated Chautauqua, NY hotel on TripAdvisor, and the best place to stay for those visiting to enjoy the Chautauqua Institution’s year-round programming. Imagine hearing your favorite speaker or the symphony play while relaxing in comfortable chairs on our porches overlooking the Amphitheater. Our guests enjoy the perfect location and modern conveniences within a whimsical literary-themed setting that encourages relaxation and renewal, including:
- The only building on campus with a full-service elevator
- The only hotel on campus with central air conditioning
- Central location allowing only our guests the ability to hear everything in the Amphitheater from our porches
- For those who love the lake our location provides a 1 block walk
- On-site restorative cedar sauna
- 3 Course hot home cooked breakfast served daily is included in the room
- Wine bar available 24-hours
- Use of parlor with fireplace, easy chairs, loveseats, and projector
- 4 stories of porches with tables and chairs for all
You may sit on ANY porch at any time! Your place on the porch is waiting!
Occupancy: This room accommodates 2 people
Bed Size: Double bed
*Please note, during Chautauqua Summer Season (last Saturday in June through the last Saturday in August) rooms are rented by the week, from Saturday to Saturday. We are open year-round and welcome 2-nights during the rest of the year.
Full week stays during the 9-week Chautauqua Season includes breakfast every day. The Spencer can also assist guests in arranging travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances that may cause a guest to cancel their reservation.