Simply spacious and dignified, the Charles Dickens apartment is in a class of its own. This apartment can accommodate the most guests for a comfortable stay – perfect for a small family.
Charles Dickens was born in Landport, Hampshire, during the new industrial age, which created misery for the class of low-paid workers and gave birth to theories of Karl Marx. Dickens’s career as a writer of fiction started in 1833 when his short stories and essays began to appear in periodicals. His SKETCHES BY BOZ and THE PICKWICK PAPERS were published in 1836; that same year, he married the daughter of his friend George Hogarth, Catherine Hogarth.
- One bedroom with a King bed
- Private bathroom with neo-angled shower
- Love seat-twin sofa bed in the living room
- Complete galley kitchen with all appliances
- Original sink and faucets
- Monogrammed bathrobes
- Warm bathrobes available upon request
- Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet throughout room and common areas
- Flat Screen TV
- CD Player
- Ice bucket with 2 wine glasses
- Corkscrew opener
- Iron and ironing board
- Wake-up service
- Daily housekeeping service (Year-Round)
- 24-hour access to complimentary drinks- hot chocolate, hot tea, and coffee
- Access to our public library for our guests only. Check out each book is necessary at front desk
- Located on the 2nd floor
- Free off-street parking (Sept. 1st- June 20th)
The Spencer Hotel & Spa is the #1 rated Chautauqua, NY hotel on TripAdvisor, and the best place to stay for those visiting to enjoy the Chautauqua Institution’s year-round programming. Imagine hearing your favorite speaker or the symphony play while relaxing in comfortable chairs on our porches overlooking the Amphitheater. Our guests enjoy the perfect location and modern conveniences within a whimsical literary-themed setting that encourages relaxation and renewal, including:
- The only building on campus with a full-service elevator
- The only hotel on campus with central air conditioning
- Central location allowing only our guests the ability to hear everything in the Amphitheater from our porches
- For those who love the lake our location provides a 1 block walk
- On-site restorative cedar sauna
- 3 Course hot home cooked breakfast served daily is included in the room
- Wine bar available 24-hours
- Use of parlor with fireplace, easy chairs, loveseats, and projector
- 4 stories of porches with tables and chairs for all
You may sit on ANY porch at any time! Your place on the porch is waiting!
Occupancy: This room accommodates 4 guests (additional $25 per person after 2)
Bed Sizes: King bed
*Please note, during Chautauqua Summer Season (last Saturday in June through the last Saturday in August) rooms are rented by the week, from Saturday to Saturday. We are open year-round and welcome 2-nights during the rest of the year.
Full week stays during the 9-week Chautauqua Season includes breakfast every day. The Spencer can also assist guests in arranging travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances that may cause a guest to cancel their reservation.