Better known as The Spencer’s Honeymoon Suite, guests are taken in by the gorgeous tropical green and white colors and the corner JACUZZI® for two while staying in the Agatha Christie Suite.
‘The Mysterious Affair at Styles‘ introduced the world to Hercule Poirot, one of the most famous of all names in detective fiction. Persistence, as well as her ingenious plots, made Agatha Christie the foremost writer of detective novels in the 20th century. There followed about 75 successful novels, 25 featuring Poirot. Her other famous detective, Miss Jane Marple, first appeared in ‘Murder at the Vicarage‘ (1930).
- King bed
- JACUZZI tub with a European hand-held shower, and a private full bathroom with a neo-angle shower
- Kitchen Area with 4 stove top burners, sink, mini fridge, and cabinets full of dishes, pots, and silverware
- Original sink and faucets
- Monogrammed bathrobes
- Warm bathrobes available upon request
- Bath bombs
- Lavender essential oil
- Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet throughout room and common areas
- Flat Screen TV
- CD Player
- Ice bucket with 2 wine glasses
- Corkscrew opener
- Iron and ironing board
- Wake-up service
- Daily housekeeping service (Year-Round)
- 24-hour access to complimentary drinks- hot chocolate, hot tea, and coffee
- Access to our public library for our guests only. Check out each book is necessary at front desk
- Located on the 2nd floor
- Free off-street parking (Sept. 1st- June 20th)
The Spencer Hotel & Spa is the #1 rated Chautauqua, NY hotel on TripAdvisor, and the best place to stay for those visiting to enjoy the Chautauqua Institution’s year-round programming. Imagine hearing your favorite speaker or the symphony play while relaxing in comfortable chairs on our porches overlooking the Amphitheater. Our guests enjoy the perfect location and modern conveniences within a whimsical literary-themed setting that encourages relaxation and renewal, including:
- The only building on campus with a full-service elevator
- The only hotel on campus with central air conditioning
- Central location allowing only our guests the ability to hear everything in the Amphitheater from our porches
- For those who love the lake our location provides a 1 block walk
- On-site restorative cedar sauna
- 3 Course hot home cooked breakfast served daily is included in the room
- Wine bar available 24-hours
- Use of parlor with fireplace, easy chairs, loveseats, and projector
- 4 stories of porches with tables and chairs for all
You may sit on ANY porch at any time! Your place on the porch is waiting!
Occupancy: This room accommodates 2 people (additional $25 per person after 2)
Bed Sizes: King bed
*Please note, during Chautauqua Summer Season (last Saturday in June through the last Saturday in August) rooms are rented by the week, from Saturday to Saturday. We are open year-round and welcome 2-nights during the rest of the year.
Full week stays during the 9-week Chautauqua Season includes breakfast every day. The Spencer can also assist guests in arranging travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances that may cause a guest to cancel their reservation.