The Spencer Hotel • 25 Palestine Avenue
Chautauqua, New York 14722
To locate us once you have reached the Chautauqua Institute:
- Through the main gate; turn right onto Massey Avenue.
- Follow Massey past the fire station to Janes Street.
- Turn left on Janes Street; go to the second stop sign.
- Turn left: The Spencer is the tall yellow building on the
25 Palestine Avenue
From the West: Erie, Pittsburgh, Cleveland
- Go East on I-90 to Exit 10A, I-86 / PA 17, then
- East on I-86 to Exit 8, NY 394, North to Mayville.
- Chautauqua is 3 miles on the right.
From the North: Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester
- West on I-90 (NY Thruway) to Westfield, Exit 60.
- South on NY 394, 10 miles, through Mayville, to Chautauqua.
From the East: Elmira, Corning, Binghamton, Finger Lakes, Salamanca
- West on I-86, past Jamestown, to Exit 8, NY 394 North.
- 3 miles to Chautauqua.
From the South: Jamestown
- North on NY 394, 12 miles, to Chautauqua.
Chautauqua Institution is a gated resort community. Please note that the Institution charges separate gate feesranging from $35-$60 per person per day and parking fees from $6 per vehicle for the Season. These fees are separate and are not included with your reservation. We recommend arranging for these passes before your arrival. For more information contact the Chautauqua Institution Welcome Center at (716) 357-6250.
Gate and parking fees do not apply "off"-season.
During the Chautauqua Season automobiles are only allowed on the grounds for dropping off and picking up baggage.
The Spencer is a non-smoking establishment.
Information about the area
Stores within the grounds are open for a limited number of hours and certain articles, especially medical supplies, may be difficult to secure once here. The nearest major medical facility is in Westfield, which is approximately one half-hour away, and the nearest pharmacy is in Mayville (5 miles).
custom joomla template by IrisLines - LW